Breakfast doesn't have to be complicated friends. You definitely shouldn't skip it. Coffee doesn't constitute breakfast either! The key is to have 3 to 5 dishes in your arsenal that you can rotate and cook on the fly.
Eggs are always the protein of choice so for me so I alternate the carb or cooking technique.
Here are some of my go to recipes:
1. Sweet potato hash (made in advance), sauteed spinach and 2 eggs. Pictured.
2. Huevos Rancheros - one corn tortilla, half serving of black beans, sauteed spinach, diced tomatoes, avocado optional and 2 eggs.
3. One pan omelete - diced sweet potato with your choice of veggies and 2 eggs
4. One whole grain toast topped with sauteed spinach, diced tomatoes, avocado optional and 2 eggs.
5. Veggie omelete with butternut squash sauteed in coconut oil with diced onions, mushrooms, spinach and 2 eggs.
I strive for a hefty and veggie loaded breakfast. My meals decrease in size throughout the day. Dinner should be the smallest meal of the day.
Today's Container counts: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red, 1 spoon