Food ➕Mothers Day #MyBellaLife 💛
Tap for 🎥🎤
Sous Vide Chicken breast stuffed with a tarragon Quenelle -
This dish is a reflection of my time at Bistro Moncur. Not necessarily a simple recipe, but well worth the effort. Such refined textures and flavours.
The sort of dish to tackle when you’re trying to impress and have more than twenty minutes up your sleeve. Mothers day maybe ???
1 Lb /500gms chicken breast, skin, sinew and bones removed
1 egg white
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups cream
4 Tablespoons chopped tarragon
4 chicken breasts, skin intact
1. Cut the 1lb of Chicken into 1 inch pieces. Place into a large, cold bowl with egg and salt. Now place that bowl over another bowl filled with iced water, add in the whole egg, egg white and salt, mix till well combined.
2. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth and well emulsified in texture.
3. Return chicken puree to the bowl over the ice and slowly work in the cream till all has been absorbed. Season with pepper, nutmeg and a touch more salt, if needed. Add the chopped tarragon and mix well.
4. Place mixture into a piping bag ready to pipe (no nozzle needed)
3. To prepare the chicken breasts, push your index finger between the flesh and skin of the wing end of the breast to make a pocket. (Be careful not to pierce the thin connective membrane). Pipe mousse under the skin of each breast, they should be relatively plump and firm.
4. Place each chicken breast into its own / sous vide / ziplock bag with a sprig of thyme, and extra virgin Olive oil.
Seal ziplock bag and immerse in a pot of water with Bella sous vide set to 149F
Cook time should be approximately 55 minutes to an hour depending on thickness of breast! Once cooked remove from water, and then remove chicken from ziplock bag and set over paper towel to dry out
Heat a large skillet over a medium heat , add in the butter and regular olive oil. Once butter melts and starts to brown, add in the chicken breast skin side down, continue to cook and till golden (2 - 3 minutes), remove from heat and carve into 3
Serve with desired garnish 😄